MSDN's Microsoft File Transfer Manager bug - downloads in suspended status

I've noticed a certain bug (or design feature) with the MSDN's "Microsoft File Transfer Manager" which will keep a download in suspended status.

While organizing my downloads I named a folder "Operating System Images" and I was no longer able to download into this folder. After some testing I found that if the download destination folder contains the word "system" in it, the MFTM will not start the download; it will just keep it suspended.

Solution:
Rename the folder so it does not contain the word "system" in it.

5 comments:

Steve Thomas said...

It will not allow downloads where the word 'System' is anywhere in the path. I tried to download to 'downloads\Microsoft Operating Systems\Windows 7' and it would not let me do it until I renamed the folder to 'downloads\Microsoft OSes\Windows 7'.
It's strange but true.....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the advice!

Anonymous said...

This totally worked. I was downloading SCCM 2012 to a folder called "System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection (x86 and x64) - DVD (English, Chinese - Simplified, French, German, Japanese, Russian)". I had to take the "System" out. WHY can't someone change a little code? Like I would put up with this wearing my 3,000 dollar suit, COME ON!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks ... This post saved my sanity.

Anonymous said...

Legend!

Post a Comment